|Bowl of Cherries|
Photo credit: JD Wheaton
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
65g of self raising flour
35g of ground almond powder (optional)
4 tbsp of granulated sugar, 2 for batter mixture, 2 for syrup
180 ml of milk
30g of unsalted butter, 15g for batter mixture,15g for syrup
2 medium sized eggs
1 tsp of vanilla essence
A sprinkle of salt
Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Wash cherries thoroughly and remove stalks and stones.
- Slice each cherry in two.
- Put oven on at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease an ovenproof dish round the sides and bottom. I used a dish that measured 6'' by 4''.
- Place flour, ground almond powder, eggs, vanilla essence, salt, sugar, butter and milk into a blender.
- Whizz the mixture for about 40 seconds making sure that any residue is pushed down the side of blender and leave to rest.
- In a frying pan, melt the remaining butter and then add the cherries. Shake the pan tossing the cherries ensuring they are coated in butter.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the cherries and stir the mixture for just over a minute or until you achieve a syrupy consistency.
- Place the cherries and syrup into the greased ovenproof dish and shake to ensure they are evenly spread.
- Pour the batter mixture on top of the cherries and place the dish on the medium tray in oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the dish and immediately dust with icing sugar as required.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Yum! Comfort all the way!
|Dessert pour moi: Clafoutis|