|Dive into Summer: Bacon, Avocado, Roquefort and Walnut Salad|
Preparation: 8 minutes
Cooking: 6 minutes
Generous serving for 1
3 rashers of smoked bacon
1 small avocado pear, or half a regular sized avocado pear
1/2 of 120g mixed salad bag, including rocket.
20g of roquefort cheese, chopped into cubes
6 Santini tomatoes (entirely optional - I am just addicted to these at the moment!)
6 walnut pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
1.5 tbsp of white wine vinegar (you may want to use 1 tbsp of vinegar depending how strong you like the vinaigertte dressing)
Salt to season.
- Pre-heat grill for 5 minutes before putting bacon onto cook.
- Remove bacon as soon as both sides have been sufficiently grilled. Leave for a couple of minutes to cool down.
- Remove peel from avocado pear. Cut pear in half removing the stone in the process. Each pear half should be cut into 4/5 slices lengthways. Cut each slice into 3.
- Tear the bacon rashers into pieces.
- In a large salad bowl, add the olive oil and white vinegar and salt to season and whisk with a fork.
- Add the salad leaves, the avocado chunks, roquefort, tomatoes and bacon pieces to the bowl and toss gently ensuring all ingredients are lightly coated in the dressing.
- Garnish with the walnut pieces.
- Serve with warm crusty bread and a very, very large chilled glass of Viognier. Cheers!