|Breakfast: Pear and Almond Cupcakes|
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20-25 minutes
8 medium sized cupcakes
98g of plain flour
1.5 teaspoon of baking powder
0.5 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
100g of self raising flour
1 teaspoon of almond extract
1 medium sized pear; peeled, cored and cubed
100g of butter, softened
100g of caster sugar
100g of icing sugar
4 teaspoons of water
Handful of flaked almonds, toasted
- Preheat the oven at 180c/fan160c/gas 4.
- Line a mini cake tin with 8 paper cases.
- Place flour, butter, sugar, eggs and almond extract in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Carefully fold in the cubed pear.
- Divide mixture between paper cases ensuring each has equal quantities of pear.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Test the cakes have been sufficiently baked by poking a cocktail stick in the centre of the cakes. If the stick comes out clean, they are ready!
- Remove from the cake tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar with water.
- Ice the tops of the cakes.
- Garnish with flaked, toasted almonds
Of course, you can use ground almonds in the mixture instead of the extract. I was limited to what I had in my kitchen cupboard!
Which baking delights would you have for breakfast?