|Chicken, Rocket and Pine Nut Pasta|
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
2 large chicken breasts
250g of fusilli pasta
1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
75ml or 5 tbsp of Greek yoghurt
15ml or 1 tbsp of course grain mustard
125g of rocket
15ml (1tbsp) white wine vinegar
15g (1tbsp) of light brown (muscavado sugar)
Pine Nuts, toasted
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
30 ml (2tbsp) of olive oil
100ml of water
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally, season with salt and pepper and place between two layers of cling film. Beat with a rolling pin to flatten. For each piece of flattened chicken breast, cut into 4/5 chunks.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water until "al dente" or according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken pieces and fry for about 4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Drain and keep warm. Add the onion to the pan and cook gently for 3 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and pine nuts and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Drain the pasta and return to the saucepan. Add the contents of the frying pan, the chicken and the rocket and toss lightly together. Transfer to warmed serving plates.
- Stir the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and yoghurt into the pan with 100ml of water. Heat through, stirring, for 1 minute without boiling, then spoon over the pasta and serve immediately.
You can use watercress as a replacement for rocket and penne pasta instead of fusilli.