|Chilli and Garlic Mussels with Ramen Noodles|
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
175g of pre-cooked and shelled mussels
3 garlic cloves crushed or chopped finely
1 large red chilli (seeds included)
A few splashes of Sake
2 tablespoons of mirin
100g of ramen noodles
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
Small bunch of fresh chopped coriander leaves
10-15 grilled cashew nuts
- Add the ramen noodles to a bowl containing hot boiled water. Cover with plate and leave to one side.The noodles should be drained after 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the sesame oil into a medium sized frying pan.
- Add the chilli and crushed garlic to the frying pan and cook until fragrant.
- Add the mussels to the pan and stir around for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add a few splashes of Sake, ensuring the mussels are soaking up the liquid.
- Increase the temperature so the liquid starts to bubble for about 2 minutes.
- Add the mirin to the mixture in the frying pan.
- Stir the mixture, seasoning with salt as required.
- After draining the noodles, add them to the frying pan and toss them around ensuring they are coated in the liquid for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Serve evenly onto two warm plates.
- Finish off with fresh coriander and grilled cashew nuts.
If you try this dish, I'd love to know what you thought or how you altered it!